We just love baking here in the office and wanted to share one of our favourite recipes with you!!
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature*
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk, at room temperature*
- 1 recipe Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- 12 small fresh strawberries or strawberry slices, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt for 30 seconds, set aside. In a separate large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer set on medium-high speed, whip together eggs, sugar and vanilla until mixture is very pale, fluffy and thickened slightly, about 3 minutes. Mix in melted butter and vegetable oil. Working in three separate batches, beginning and ending with flour, add 1/3 of the flour mixture followed by 1/2 of the milk, blending until well combined after each addition. Pour batter into 12 paper lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. Bake in preheated oven 19 – 22 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack, then frost with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting and top with a small whole fresh strawberry or fresh strawberry slices.
- *To bring the eggs to room temp quickly, simply submerge in a bowl of warm water for 5 – 10 minutes. To bring milk to room temperature quickly, simply heat in microwave on high powder in a microwave safe dish for 15 – 20 seconds until no longer cold.
This is a great way to wrap cupcakes for gifts. You’ll need the shorter/wider clear plastic cups, cellophane bags and ribbon. Also, I wouldn’t recommend this if your cupcakes are wide enough they fall over the side of the cupcake liner or if you’ve frosted around the edges (simply because they may not fit or they’ll frosting will smudge along the cup). Just carefully drop the cupcake in and wrap.
Love j+j x
We’re so excited we’ve got a brand new columnist that is going to share all her mad tales with you! The first exert is from Valentines Day! Uh oh…
Love j+j x
Here is the lovely couple who won our Valentine’s Competition and got to go on a trip to Paris!!
Love j+j x
Get the look here with our Naomi Pink dress: http://www.jonesandjonesfashion.com/products/Jones-and-Jones-Naomi-Pink-Lace-Dress.html
Get the look with our Mia dress: http://www.jonesandjonesfashion.com/products/Jones-and-Jones-Mia-Dress.html
Get the look with our gorgeous new Mollie skirt: http://www.jonesandjonesfashion.com/products/Jones-and-Jones-Mollie-Rose-Bud-Skirt.html
You can get the look with our Vicky Lilac dress: http://www.jonesandjonesfashion.com/products/Jones-and-Jones-Vicky-Lilac-Dress.html
Get this look with our all new bomber jacket: http://www.jonesandjonesfashion.com/products/Jones-and-Jones-Organza-Bomber-Jacket.html
Get the look with our brand new Lizzie outfit: http://www.jonesandjonesfashion.com/products/Jones-and-Jones-Lizzie-Denim-Crop-Top.html http://www.jonesandjonesfashion.com/products/Jones-and-Jones-Lizzie-Denim-Skirt-.html
Send us your Street style pics to our twitter page https://twitter.com/_jonesandjones! we love to see them!
love j+j x