After our AW13 shoot we thought it was only right to show you exactly how to get the look we created!! We’re going to focus on the long haired side sweep and the french pleat…
The long haired side sweep is perfect for any occasion and works beautifully with a statement ear cuff. Here is our how to guide…
1. Section your hair from the ears down, then clip the rest of the hair up and away.
2. Create waves by wrapping a 2-inch section of hair around a clamp-less curling wand.
3. When the wave has heated, release and give it a slight pull to keep it soft.
4. At the sides, create a deep zigzag parting to prevent noticeable lines. Continue wrapping your hair alternating the direction between forward and backward.
5. Let your hair cool for about 10 minutes, then run your fingers through the waves to soften them.
6. Using the arch of your eyebrow as a guide, make a deep side part.
7. Finish by tilting your head to the side and spraying with hairspray.
8. Go make your friends wonder how your hair “magically” stays to one side!!
Our french pleat is a an effortlessly elegant look that will show off any dress beautifully. Here is our guide to this hair style:
1. Always do this style on dirty hair, if not run a handful of mouse through your hair and dry it out to add volume.
2. Pull one small section of hair forward (leave unteased). Gather a second 1-2 inch section, spray and back-comb it.
3. Repeat this process right to the back of your hair.
4. Pull pieces from the sides of the hair back to cover the sides of the bump. This creates a beautiful shape.
5. Pin the back of the hair around to hide any pins and tuck fringes behind your ear.
We hope you try these styles out yourself!!
Love j+j x