Love j+j x
Autumn is just around the corner and we think you’d love our new pieces! You can shop them now!
London Fashion Week has finally arrived!! -The 5 day extravaganza that all fashionistas have been waiting for.
Heres 5 things to look forward too!!
1-TFL and Juergen Teller Bus Stops Exhibition
No need for a catwalk when you have the roof of a London double Decker bus to glance out of… TFL and Annin Arts have teamed up to present 10 images of fashion photographer Juergen Teller’s work on an unexpected spot. So draw your attention towards London bus shelters to see the re owned images of Kate Moss and Vivienne Westwood as they grace the shelters until Feb 23rd.
2-LFW Pop up shop
The shop is back! Launching just last season, the shop is expected to be rammed for of desperate fashionistas to bag themselves a ready-to-wear item from the likes of Bella Freud, Markus Lupfer, Zoe Jorda and Dominic Jones ready to take home with you that night!! rather than in 6 months time.
One of the newer names for this seasons Fashion Week schedule. The Esmode Graduate launched her label in1997 having previously worked as a costume designer which shows through in her designs. Watch out for her S/S 14 collection showcasing on Sunday at 2.30pm.
4. Thomas Tait
Graduating into the recession of 2010 from Central Saint Martins, Thomas Tait certainly did not want to set up his own label. Six seasons on and hes showing at LFW as well as been rumoured to be one of the most exciting tickets in town. His collection will be unvieled at 8pm on Monday
5- Selfridges Pop-Ups: Simone Rocha and Marios Schwab
Away from the catwalk, Selfridges has enlisted the fashion expertise of Simone Rocha and Marios Schwab to distract us. First up is the special Simone concept store housed in the Shoe Galleries. The monochrome interior is inspired by her spring/summer 2014 collection. Recline and slip your foot into the exclusive design she’s created for the store. Nip over to the denim studio to see first hard two show dresses from Marios Schwabs Spring/Summers 2014 also exclusive to the department store.
Now time to enjoy! Happy Fashion Week!
love j+j x
With the 10 year anniversary of Mean Girls approaching we thought we’d share 10 things Mean Girls taught us throughout our teenage years!
1. Halloween is the only night you can go out wearing little to nothing and no other girls can say anything about it. This usually results in dressing as some sort of animal in underwear and animal ears
2. You cant wear sweat pants on a Monday- The weekend has been and gone, its time to wear normal clothes!!
Watch the video here.
3. Army trousers and flip flops are a FAB combo, who knew?!
5.Embrace your wardrobe mishap with confidence of Kanye West, anything can be pulled off when your Regina George.
6. Hoop earrings are Regina’s thing and NOT yours!!
7. A hoodie and sunglasses is all you need to hide your identity and gender!!
8. Wednesdays are for wearing Pink!!
9. You can definitely wear a suit to prom if dresses just aren’t your thing….
10. That girls vintage 80′s skirt was the ugliest skirt you’ve ever seen!
The perfect gift may seem obvious to you, dinner at a fancy restaurant, a nice box of your favorite chocolates, a dozen roses or a silver charm necklace but for men its alien to them. A simple web search for advice is just not an option for these men but we have a few thoughts to lead your partners in the right direction….
1. Be the sneaky girlfriend!- Leave webpages and search engine history’s open on his laptop so you know he definitely will see. Make sure he goes shopping with you at weekends so that you can point out items you like and he can see the items of clothing you are trying on. Try dropping a few pointers such as, i really like it but cant afford it this month or ask him for his opinion on whether you should make the purchase.
2.Use the “my friend would love this” excuse, Men know deep down that there is no “friend” and that you are really talking about yourself. If he doesn’t seem like hes clicked yet, repeatedly talk about this “friend” of yours that he will have never heard of before. Just hope for the best that he doesn’t think your a weirdo with an imagery friend cos there may not be a valentines present at all if so.
3. Try something more obvious, offer to cook dinner for him one night close to valentines day using Alpha- Spaghetti. Literally spell out what you want onto his plate. Act normal and pretend it wasn’t on purpose. He will get it and hopefully whisk off to his laptop to order the item.
4. Make a list of all your needs and wants in a notebook, make it look like a shopping list. Leave it lying around in the living room or somewhere he will definitely come across it. This also gives him the freedom to still use his imagination and pick the item under a category.
5. If all else fails BE DIRECT!- Be angry and demand exactly what you want, direct him when necessary and he should eventually get you exactly what you want for Valentines day.
If he still gets you a rubbish present, dump him!
2.Or maybe a tour of silver stone grounds
3. Take a trip to a spa for a relaxing weekend that you both can enjoy.
5. Beer tasting for 2- every mans dream
6. A romantic Gold weekend at St Albans
7. A new I phone case
10. Or how about something a little bit more unique with a Couples makeover and photo shoot session!
We understand how hard and last minute it is to find a Valentines present for your partner … so we have come up with 10 Valentines gift ideas for you!
2. Lingerie- Expensive lingerie is always a winning present!- make sure you choose a style which suits her fit and taste.
3. If your feeling even more adventurous, take a trip to a carefully selected B&B which you know your partner will love for a country get a way.- Why not stop off at a Spa which both, you and your partner can enjoy.
5. A Handbag- An accessory women can never have enough of. Try stuffing the bag with little treats for her to find.
6. Or how about re-creating your very first date!- Romantic and Imaginative!
8. Chocolate-The way to a woman’s heart!
10. If shes a wine lover then order a personalized engraved win glass and bottle for her to enjoy on the day.
Our Poppy dress will look fab teamed with these platform heels and cute double knot headband. Perfect for a hot date or chilled drinks with friends.
Here at the jones and jones head office, we LOVE celebrating Valentines day! Here are our 10 reasons to celebrate Valentines day….
1.Its a tradition!, chocolate, flowers and a card what more could a girl ask for?
2. Love encourages creativity, express your feelings through words with a poem or love note.
3.We love any excuse to eat a fancy homemade meal for 2, Romantic and tasty.
5.Start an adventure, try something new this Valentines, something you and your partner have always wanted to try.
6.Pamper yourself, Take a peaceful trip to a spa for the weekend while showering each other with gifts. Perfect.
7. Enjoy a cosy night in with a takeaway and your favorite movie.
8. Hit the town. When was the last time you enjoyed a drink out with your partner? go to a gig, or attend a party with your partner and closest friends.
9. Spread your love, send your favorite people e-cards to show your love for them.
10. Whisk your partner away for a romantic weekend abroad or if single organize a big road trip.
Happy Valentines day!